Q & A - Injectible Dermal Fillers
IS THERE A POSSIBILITY OF ADVERSE REACTION?
- There is less than a 1% chance of adverse reaction. HA is a substance already found in the human body, which greatly reduces the risk of rejection.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
- It ranges per syringe depending on the product and what you want to accomplish.
WHERE CAN IT BE USED?
- HA fillers are more commonly used to treat the lower two thirds of the face.
WILL IT HURT?
- We offer local anesthetic to avoid any discomfort.
IS IT REVERSIBLE?
- Yes. There is an agent that can be injected to dissolve the product.
WILL THERE BE ANY SWELLING OR BRUISING?
-Bruising may occur from the injection. We recommend that you discontinue the use of non prescription blood thinners for 24 hours before and after the injection. (Consult your physician. You will be provided with the Pre-Opt instructions sheet.) There might also be some mild swelling that could last 2-7 days.
HOW MUCH DO I NEED?
- Everyone is different; the doctor will help you determine how much product is necessary to achieve your desired results.
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
- 6-12 months, everyone metabolizes it differently.
HOW LONG DOES THE PROCEDURE TAKE?
- The actual procedure takes approximately 30 minutes.
HOW WILL I LOOK WHEN THE PRODUCT DISSOLVES?
- You will look the same as you did before you had the injection.