Q & A - Botox
WILL I STILL BE ABLE TO MOVE MY FACE?
- Yes. Botox is meant to relax the muscles in targeted areas to smooth out the appearance of wrinkles. When it is strategically placed your face will retain animation.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
- The cost will depend on how much product you need and the doctor can help you determine that during a complimentary consultation.
IS IT REVERSIBLE?
- No, but it is not permanent. Your body will discharge it in 2-4 months.
IS THERE DOWNTIME?
- No. You can resume normal activities immediately.
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
- The average is 3-4 months. We recommend that you schedule a follow up in 3 months.
WILL I BRUISE?
-Bruising may occur from the injection. We recommend that you discontinue the use of non prescription blood thinners for 24 hours before and after the injection. (Consult your physician. You will be provided with the Pre-Op instructions sheet.)
HOW DO I KNOW HOW MUCH I NEED?
- The doctor will determine what is necessary during the consultation. Everyone is different.
You are invited to come in for a consultation.
IS IT DANGEROUS?
- No. Botox is safer than taking aspirin.
WILL IT HURT?
- You might feel a slight pinch from the injection but it is relatively painless. We use ice if needed.
WHERE IS BOTOX COMMONLY USED?
- Botox can be used to treat the upper one third of the face. (Forehead, between the eyebrows and around the eyes)